Total Health Naturopathy offers a wide range of tests conducted by recognised pathology labs, such as Australian Clinical Laboratories and Nutripath. These tests are charged at the rate prescribed by the laboratory and are not included in the consultation fees. Popular tests include:
- Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis ($120-$340) – this gives a great indication of how well your digestive system is functioning and can be used to examine the microbiome of the bowel. It indicates whether infection is present and what your levels of beneficial bacteria are.
- Adrenal Hormone Profile ($115) – this test is taken at different times throughout the day to measure your cortisol levels and DHEA-S. This can be useful to help assess stress and its effect on the body.
- Reproductive Hormones ($135 – $370) hormones can be helpful in treating any menstrual irregularities, men’s health issues or supporting fertility in both males and females.
- MTHFR Genetic Polymorphism ($50) – this test looks for a genetic enzyme deficiency that can be responsible for anxiety, chemical sensitivity, heart disease and cancer (amongst other problems). There are many other genetic tests that can be arranged as well.
- Complete Thyroid Profile ($160) – often Medicare will only test for TSH levels. Whilst this is helpful, there are at least 5 other tests that can be done to give a fuller picture of how the thyroid is functioning. Often problems show in these areas before they show in TSH levels, as such this test is of immense value to help those suspecting they have thyroid problems.